Font face customization in Emacs - an easy way

I usually edit source code using Emacs running inside a PuTTY session. One of the struggles I often run into is how to customize different elements I see on the screen. For e.g. the prompt in the shell-mode, previously executed command line, shell input, etc.

While I googled around a bit, I came across this incredibly useful key binding: C-u C-x =. It runs the command "what-cursor-position". Here is how you can use this: You position the cursor on the element you would like to customize, and type C-u C-x =. You will be presented with the properties of the character at point, including links to customize the character.

I find this extremely useful and hope sharing this information will help others as well.

Credit: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1242352/get-font-face-under-cursor-in-emacs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gotchas with DBCP

A note on Java's Calendar set() method

The mysterious ORA-03111 error