The issue with Emacs "cd" function and CDPATH

Recently I wasted sometime trying to figure out an issue with "cd" function and autocompletion in Emacs, while I had a value set for CDPATH environment variable. I hope it saves some time for someone who might bump into the same issue.

I had CDPATH environment variable set and it didn't have "." (current directory) as one of the components. When I tried autocompletion while running "cd" function, it didn't show any of the subdirectories under the current directory. The directories it showed for completion were from somewhere else. As soon as I added ".", I was able to see all the subdirectories of current directory in the autocompletion list.

Hope this saves some time for you as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gotchas with DBCP

A note on Java's Calendar set() method

The mysterious ORA-03111 error