Eclipse CVS error

Today while I was trying to synchronize my code with CVS repository and I got the following error:
Problems reported while synchronizing CVS Workspace. 0 of 1 resources were synchronized.
An error occurred synchronizing /abcd: I/O exception occurred: java.io.IOException: channel is broken
I/O exception occurred: java.io.IOException: channel is broken
java.io.IOException: channel is broken
I was scratching my head for sometime and searched Internet for an answer, but none seemed to be appropriate for my case. Then when I tried to do the check out from command line using plink, I got a message from my CVS server stating that my password had expired and I needed to change my password. So I changed my password and everything started working fine.

If you get the error message above, one possible and easy to check root causes is your password expiry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gotchas with DBCP

A note on Java's Calendar set() method

The mysterious ORA-03111 error