Nuke those Google ads that come in your way

Google ads are good, at times. But I don't remember when was the last time I clicked on one and visited the target page. If I need something, I mostly use Google search, not the ads. Most of the time I feel that those ads come in my way when I am reading something really serious. Its waste of bandwidth and time to load these ads when I am not in a mood to clicking on them.

Here is a cool solution for the Firefox. All that you have to do is to download the Adblock plug-in and install it. Then restart your Firefox. Go to Tools -> Adblock -> Preferences. Enter the Google syndication URL (http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js). Save and you are done. Have a Google ads free surfing :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gotchas with DBCP

A note on Java's Calendar set() method

The mysterious ORA-03111 error